Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm Back!

Hey y'all!
I am so sorry I have not been very diligent with my blogging lately. I have been super busy! Things have really picked up and I have had quite a bit of homework and lots of studying\papers. I really like UD though, everyone is so terribly friendly and nice! Things did get really hard right after fall break though. That was the first time I got super stressed and called my mom a few times in tears. She was super supportive and got me through those tough two weeks. I definitely learned the importance of being assertive and talking to my professors and reaching out for help. Plus I reminded myself that I have only been in college for two months and it is quite different from high school. How are y'all doing so far? Have you had stressed out calls to Mom yet?
I have a really great new strategy though that has helped me budget my time. I write down all of the things I have to do in a day.. Physics homework, eat lunch, meet someone for dinner etc.. and give them each a certain amount of time. That allows me not to get wrapped up on just one assignment and allows me to get everything done. It is really helpful! And at the bottom of each day I write down something in my planner to look forward to or a positive thing. Y'all should try it out, it really has relieved a lot of my stress!



So weekends! Oh weekends, how I love them! The weekends are super fun. Lots of fun parties and things to do. Halloween has been the best weekend so far. It was so fun to see everyone dressed up and look totally different for the night. I definitely opted for a cute costume rather than a super trashy one. This past weekend the girls on my floor and I did Dance Marathon. It was so fun but so long! I am so tired today and my body is sore! We danced for 12 hours! Yes, 12 hours! I have made some super great friends too, one of which is super girly like us and loves everything pink too! Those are the big things going on with me lately.

I will try my hardest to be more diligent with blogging!
Have a great week!
xx, M

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're enjoying school so far...love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete