Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring break!

Hey y'all!
I am writing to y'all from home! It is sooooo nice being back home and getting away from school. Although I love school, my friends, and my routine, I was definitely ready to get back and see my parents! It had been 9 weeks since I had seen them! I got in on Thursday and have had a super great break so far. My wonderful Mom had a few surprises waiting for me in my closet!



After the airport we went to dinner (real foood!) and it was yum yum. Then on Friday my mom and I took the El (the like Chicago Subway system) downtown and went shopping! Oh my gosh, y'all, we hit the shopping jackpot! First, we hit Nordstrom Rack. Thinking it may be a bust, we were optimistic but weren't sure if it would be a miss. We were sure wrong! I got the CUTESST things for soo cheap. I finally found a white dress for all of our ceremonies (the only one in the entire store!) and I also finally found a good fitting pair of black pants. Do y'all have trouble pant shopping? I have grown to despise it! I am kind of short and have a teeny waist but not so teeny legs so my pants are always too big in the waist or too long! But finally I found a good pair and I went down a size! I also got this really adorable Juicy tshirt and a few more pairs of sweat pants. Now I know that y'all are not always pro sweat pants but for class they have become my best friend. I'm going to post my comfy made cute outfits later this week! Anyhoo, I also found a very Betsey Johnson esque shirt for guess what.. $9! Thenn we headed over to the TJ Maxx and hit the sale jackpot again! I got the absolute cutest dresses ( I will post them tomorrow!) for less then $20 each and a Lilly gray pullover for $30! It is really adorable and will be perfect for class and wearable during all seasons. SO cute! It was by far one of our best shopping trips and truly a great time. It made me even more thankful for my relationship with my Mom and the opportunity to go shopping. Here are a few items from our trip!



xxx,
M

3 comments: