Friday, April 30, 2010
I am sitting here in my EMPTY room waiting for my parents to get here. I cannot believe that my freshman year of college is over! It is sooo crazy! It has been such a great year and I have met so many great friends and had many many many funny and good memories. I will definitely miss all of my Dayton besties and seeing them 95037 times a day. But on that sad note, it is officially SUMMER!!!! No more loads of homework, tests, finals, papers or projects! Yayayaa!
What I learned from my freshman year (in a very brief nutshell)..
1) Jungle juice is lethal! Chugging it at a frat party is the farthest thing from a good idea, I learned that the bad way!
2) Keeping up with all of the homework definitely pays off in the end. It also is VERY beneficial to go talk to your professors, as scary as they may be, they do care and will remember you came to talk to them.
3) St.Patrick's Day is the best day of year.
4) Make an effort to get to know all of the people in your classes so you have a study buddy!
5) Enjoy your weekends and have fun! We deserve it!
6) Joining a sorority really does make your college experience even better. I am so glad that I rushed and love being part of ZTA and having a whole new family of sisters!
7) Most important thing - Realize that you will change. It is inevitable and part of being in college. I feel like I grew up soo much this year and although I changed/matured, I am definitely still my Lilly loving,girly self and am so glad I have learned everything I did this year.
Can't wait to get home! More later, wishing y'all good luck on your finals and end of the year festivities!