Sunday, August 16, 2009

"It's not goodbye, it's see you later..."


Hi everyone,
I hope you are all having great weekends. Today is my last day of work so I am quite excited! I will have all of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to pack and get all of my last things together. It sure is a lot of stuff to pack. My mom and I packed pretty much all of the things we had bought like all of the toiletries, school supplies, and all of my folded clothes. I am planning on only bringing some summer stuff and the start of my fall clothes. My parents will be back up at the end of September so it's silly to lug all of the stuff when they can just bring it when they come later in the month. It's really starting to hit me now! I only have 4 more days until I am officially a grown-up college student! That's such a crazy thought!

My first friend left today for school. Collegiate C said her goodbyes yesterday and headed out today. We spent her last day at the beach which was nice and then went back to her house and had a delicious dinner. It was a great thing to do before we all started to leave. It's definitely a little bit sad saying goodbye to all of my best friends since so much will change once we get to school and make entirely different friends. I am excited to see how everyone changes and to go and visit them at their schools.

My backpack arrived on Thursday! It seems like it will be the perfect size and fits my laptop perfectly. I think my mom and I are going to go shopping this week to get a few last minute things. I got the new LL Bean catalog and am eyeing the darling pink and green raincoat. It will be just perfect for rainy Ohio in the Fall. I also want a pair of navy Keds. I have a pair of red ones but they got all icky inside from wearing them so often so I may try to pick up a navy pair.

Have a great Sunday!
xx,M

2 comments:

  1. I have been saying the title of your blog to everyone, I just hate saying goodbye! I know exactly how you feel, it's been weird saying goodbye to people you've seen everyday for the last 13 years! I feel that people will change, and we will grow apart from some, but those that are our true friends, we will stay together with! Good luck getting everything together this week! I just packed up my parent's car, I'm doing a post about it in a few minutes!!! Best of luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I HATE saying goodbye...this will be my fourth year packing up and saying goodbye to my friends here and my parents and I STILL get so sad! Good luck with everything!

    Ps-I go to Miami :)

    ReplyDelete